Saturday, October 8, 2011

Step-Mama's White Chicken Chili

Last week we had a "cold-front" come through southern California so Casey, Noah, Gabriel and I bundled up and Mommy made some good comfort food. One of the meals I made was a white chicken chili recipe that I got from my step-mom. I made it last year and had many of our friends ask me for the recipe, but I had changed it a little and couldn't quite remember what I had done! Oops! I do, however, still have my step-mom's recipe that is absolutely delicious! Casey was bummed when I sent half home with Beth, but I couldn't risk letting him have beans for a whole week! One night and day is enough! :) If anybody is interested here is the recipe...

Ingredients

6 chicken breasts
4 cans of northern white beans (not drained)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 can cream of chicken (family size)
1 block of monterey jack cheese (16 oz/ cube the cheese)
1 block of pepper jack cheese (16 oz/cubed)
1 container of salsa (or tomatotes)... you may want to drain the "juice" & you can omit this altogether if you want... I actually forgot to add it this time and the chili was still delicious!

***can also add can of corn

1. In a crock pot mix onion, beans, cream of chicken soup, cheese, & salsa
2. cube and brown chicken... add to crock pot
3. I set the crock pot to low heat and let the chili cook for ~5 hours...

1 comment: