Thursday, September 22, 2011

Michigan Part II

Michigan Summer 2011

We had an absolutely amazing time while visiting my side of the family in Michigan. We flew into Flint which is about 20 minutes from where my Dad lives. My little brother and little sister picked us up from the airport after a LONG trip in. We had two layovers; one in Houston (no problems) and one in Cleveland (1 cancellation resulting in an overnight stay at the airport hotel and several delays resulting in us getting into Flint around 1pm Thursday....keep in mind we left at 6am California time on Wednesday!!!) Needless to say we were ecstatic to make it into Flint! So were the boys! Once there we went to Dad's and had one of my very best-friends come visit so I could meet their son Grant! It was great... she brought lunch and some bloody mary's! Thank you Lea! For the first couple of days we visited at my Dad's and then the whole family went to visit my sister Brig on the west side of the state. She lives very close to the beach so it was great to get over there and go to the beautiful Michigan beaches. After our first weekend we headed back to Dad's. We visited the Potter Park Zoo which is the zoo that I frequented when I was little! It was so fun taking the boys there! We headed up North to visit my Mom, traveled to Mackinac island and went to the pool often! Casey's good friend Art traveled from Chicago to visit us both in Grand Haven at my sister Brig's as well as making a 6 hour drive up to my Mom's in Boyne City. Casey and Art hadn't seen each other in over 4 years so they had a wonderful time! While at my Mom's I also was able to spend some time with one of my other very best-friends, Alison. We have been friends since 8th grade! I miss her and wish we were closer everyday! All in all it was a great vacay!


Katherine, Noah, and Daddy riding a camel!
K

What's the zoo without some ice cream!
Noah "& Katherine...
Mommy, Noah, and the pigs....
Noah's BFF...

Katherine & Noah.... this picture makes my heart melt! He kept wanting to hold her hand!


Art, Casey and Gabe at Lake Michigan


That's Bill, Caitlin, and Beth playing in the waves!
Uncle Sean and Maura building sand castles...


Noah's other BFF... Gampa..."Come on gampa...let's go!"

Can we say "ladies man"???



Katherine, Annabelle, and Caitlin
Auntie Lea, Gabe, Uncle Michael, and Grant
Noah & Gampa...
Playing in "Lake Vincent"


This was the first time my Dad met Gabe... Gabe loves him!
Grant (Auntie Lea & Uncle Michael's little guy)
Grant and Gabe playing nicely!

Katherine & Annabelle thought it was pretty funny to "do" Gabe's hair... notice the ponytail!

Annabelle got to ride the horses!


It was great to ride again... I haven't ridden in over 4 years! My mom and I went for a trail ride which was wonderful! My booty was sore for days though! LOL!
Erin, Moi, and Alison... We all went to middle and high school together...

No comments:

Post a Comment