Thursday, April 4, 2013

Noah's First day of Preschool

I have been putting preschool off for months.  I have come up with every excuse possible...until now.  Yesterday Noah packed up his "things" and headed to preschool for the first time.  It was a long process trying to decide on which school to send him to.  By chance a good friend of mine mentioned the preschool her son was just starting to attend and she was already raving about it!  Casey, Noah, Gabriel and I visited a total of 5 different preschools all of which had been recommended by friends.  Two of them were a definite no, 1 a maybe, but then we had the hard choice between the last two.  One we absolutely fell in love with, but Noah had to be completely potty trained and he couldn't start until the fall.  The other we liked, but they accepted him immediately and would work with us in the potty process.  So, the decision was made on our like not love...  

Once the decision was made I called Pastor Mike (the director) and arranged everything to bring Noah in on Wednesday April 3rd!!  So, Mommy filled out all the paperwork, picked out his first day clothes, packed his back pack with diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes.  We were all set.  

Wednesday arrived and I woke up SO nervous!  LOL... I made homemade waffles, eggs, cut up fresh fruit and made sure Noah had a bountiful meal before his first day!!  He gobbled up his waffles and fruit, pushed the eggs around and drank his entire sippy of milk.  We got all dressed, hair done and shoes on.  We were out the door by 8:15am.  

I watched Noah in the rear view mirror as we drove to school.  I was sad, nervous and excited all at the same time.  I was sad that this chapter was closing, nervous because I wanted to be sure I was placing him in the right hands, and excited because I KNOW he is ready for this next chapter!  When we pulled up yesterday we watched a little girl dash across the parking lot to one of the teachers and jump into her arms... good sign?? In my book that is a big fat YES!!!  I settled down a bit about placing him in the right hands.  Noah jumped out of the car, put his back pack on and headed to school.  I had to beg him for a couple of pictures and was surprised when he gladly posed and smiled for me then said "mommy can we go in now???".  Hmmm was it me or him stalling... I think me.  

Pastor Mike's wife greeted us, introduced us to his new teacher, and "shoved" us out the door.  No tears were shed... except by Mommy on the drive home.   Noah didn't even notice we left.  I watched him for a minute through the glass window and he was smiling at the teacher...not Mommy.  He was talking to her...not Mommy. I felt a tug at my heart, but I know this is the right thing for him.... His teachers said he had an amazing first day even making a baby chic picture with purple feathers (his favorite color).  He didn't even notice we were gone until 11:45... 15 minutes before we were to pick him up.  

I can't wait to see how Noah blossoms...  I'm sure it will be amazing. 




 Noah eating breakfast... 

 On our way.. blanky and all...

 Outside preschool... posing for Mommy..


 All set to head in...

 Doesn't he look too tiny for school... 








 

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading and with tears in my eyes, I realize how fast the years can fly! Seems like yesterday Noah arrived as Grandma Coco's first grandson.......and he stole my heart that very day. Yes, this is only the beginning of many chapters, my sweet lil man and may God continue to bless you along each step. Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete